Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Kenpo X

Well I'm back at my 3:00 time slot which is good, since I'm not so tired and my motivation is higher. Had lucky charms for breakfast so I'm feeling good. Had Lucky Charms for lunch too, and sunflower seeds for a snack. Not exactly on the list of foods provided by Tony. My back aches today, which isn't exactly new territory, my back aches often because of my boobs. I feel like I do after I have a lot of walking or climbing stairs to do the day before. I tried and tried to get my back to pop this morning, but I wasn't able to. It feels all tight. Despite all of this I felt all fired up to try Kenpo X. And now that I'm done I kind of have mixed feelings.

This workout was the closest to cardio that I've done so far. Which is a good thing because I want to lose weight and need to do a little cardio. But I didn't feel particularly challenged by it. Basically it was a series of Karate exercises. I'm thinking I need a punching bag to really get the full effect of the workout. I feel weird throwing punches without connecting with anything. If I throw too hard I snap my joints, and if I don't throw my body weight behind it then I'm not getting much of a workout.

However, when I managed to keep pace with everyone else I stayed moving pretty much the whole time so that was good. I did sweat. And I liked the lunging and kicking. I guess I just feel that this isn't the most effective workout, but then again I don't think I'm doing it properly so I'll try again next week and try to make sure I'm putting plenty of ooommmppfff behind those punches.

Because I want to lose weight as well as build muscle I'm thinking about maybe doing some cardio in the mornings. Maybe going for a job. The hard cold truth of the matter is that my motivation in the morning is at an all time low. I love my pillows and do not want to leave the warm snug cocoon of my bed early to sweat and jump. I may have the best intentions in the afternoon after my workout but I know myself well enough that I will put it off if I try for a morning workout. Maybe I could try to take a run in the evenings after dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment