Sunday, June 12, 2011

I'm a lazy quitter.

So after a long week and  half of grueling push ups and sit ups and jumping around and soreness, not to mention the healthy eating I climbed on the scale. I hadn't lost so much as a quarter of a pound. Not to be discouraged I broke out my tape measure and was shocked to find that I hadn't lost so much as a squidge, even on my fat arms and I've never done so many push ups in my life. I said I was going to keep at it...tomorrow. Tomorrow turned into a month. Which turned into longer.

I went out to eat with my fiance and my son last night at a popular restaurant and they spent the entire time ogling the beautiful women. I used to be the beautiful women. Now my fiance tells me I'm beautiful and sexy, but I have a mirror and I know the truth. He definitely could not keep his eyes to himself with some of these ladies and it made me feel disgusting and ashamed. So this morning I got up and popped in my Chest and Back video for P90X. I'm feeling disgusted enough with myself to try again. I'm not going to get any smaller and sexier sitting around feeling sorry for myself. Not to mention I'm getting married in less than a year and  have no desire whatsoever to be photographed looking like this.

I was pleasantly surprised to learn that I was not back at square one. I must have really added to my muscle mass with that first week because I was able to do several push ups and I think I need to move up to a heavier band for my pull ups. Again I didn't keep up with Tony, I didn't expect to. But I was definitely not as pathetic as I was on day one. I did about half the push ups, on my knee's after the first one, for all of the reps with the exception of the last couple because I was so wiped out. I also managed to do the entire set of the pull up reps except for the last few. I think before next week I'm going to invest in a heavier band because I know I'm not even close to being able to do a pull up. I was even able to do a couple of the dive bombers and I think those are the hardest ones. Not on my toes, but still I wasn't even able to execute one last time I tried this.

I was also better than my first time on the Ab Ripper X, though not as good as I was doing when I quit. I managed to do as many as 15 on some of the exercises...some of them more like five. Still, I sweated through till the end, even though I did take more  breaks than I did with the chest and back. And drank lots of water.

As for eating I started my day out with a cupcake and a bowl of lucky charms, not the most well balanced meal. My kids are gone for the weekend and I went with what was easy. I will try harder with my diet. This afternoon I plan to have a salad and tonight a turkey sandwich. I even plan to leave off the mayo and slap on an extra mater so it's not dry. I am however trying to cut down on the hours that I sleep, when I'm depressed I sleep more, and I need to keep it at about 7 or 8 hours. More than that is not going to help me feel any better.

So anyhow, here is to round two, not quitting, and not getting discouraged. Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. Hey,
    Don't give you. Do the best you can. Here a website that will help motivate you, since there are some women who had done p90x.

    http://caloriecount.about.com/women-starting-px-ft124133-22

    ReplyDelete