Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Day 3, P90X reboot

I only got through about half the workout yesterday before my life intruded so I decided to do it over today. I waited till everyone else was in bed so I could be uninterrupted. I think I'm going to get the most out of this only if I work and sweat and do it in one session. I'm not nearly as sore today as I was after pylometrics last time. Not to say that I'm not hurting but last time I could barely move. I want to make sure I'm getting my best out of these workouts. Tonight I ate light, Garlic Pasta Chicken so I could be on my best. The only thing about doing these workouts late is that I'm tired and dragging before I even hit the mat. On the other hand, I know I'm just going to put it off if I try to get up in the morning and do it.

I am feeling much more positive today and I like the Arms and Shoulders workout. Again I felt super good that I wasn't back on square one. Some of these I did a whole fifteen reps. I definitely need to get some heavier weights for next week. Other moves, I've got plenty of room for improvement. Some I did eight, others only five. I really like the moves that focus on the back of my arms. I want slender sexy arms for my super sexy wedding dress. But I feel that this a workout I'm holding my own in which is good for my self esteem which is kind of in the toilet right now.

The best part of Ab Ripper is that it is short. I'm improving here and feel pretty good about it. Weirdly enough the darn bicycling is the hardest one for me, crunchy frogs my favorite. Don't they use the same freak n muscles? I'm going to try a thicker mat because my darn back and hips really hurt during and after these exercises. I don't know that I can do anything at all about that, I've always had back troubles. I think a thicker mat is a higher priority even than heavier weights. I also like this because it's fast and feels more aerobic, like maybe it's burning fat and not just building muscle. I need to do something, but jumping around just hurts my giant boobs.

Has anyone ever tried a ECA stack? I've tried supplements before and I don't like feeling jittery and sick, but maybe I can add something to my diet to help me burn fat while I build muscle. Knowing myself though, if they make me feel lousy I won't take them.

1 comment: