Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Ok, Back Again

Well I got deathly ill for two days, then I had to work double shifts to make it up, then I had Easter to deal with. A laundry list of excuses I know. I actually tried to do my Yoga workout the other day but I was still feeling dizzy and weak. I don't usually get sick so I wonder if pushing myself so hard lowered my resistance. I'm sure it will be good for me in the long run. Also I made the mistake of climbing on the scale prematurely and was dissapointed by my lack of results. So my motivation flagged for a minute. But I'm not giving up so yesterday after work I dove back in with the Yoga workout. I worked an extra long shift and thought that Yoga would be a good way to ease back into the P90X.

I was so wrong. There was nothing easy about it. For starters it's really long. An hour and a half. By the end my limbs were shaking so bad I could barely get into position. For second I put my full body weight on muscles that I usually don't use. For third, my balance isn't that good so some of these positions are a real struggle to keep from pushing over.

On the good side, it was fun. All three of my kids got into it and enjoyed it. I started off by myself and one by one they were there with me doing the poses. It made the workout much easier to have company. Still I have to say that this is one of the harder workouts. I think it's because you hold the poses while your muscles shake and strain. Other exercises you are moving, but with Yoga you stay still alot and hold in positions that strain your balance and your muscles. However, I'm not really sore this morning. Just a little weak in the muscles, like taffy. My back feels like I need a good stretch. I did some of those stretches on my knees where you collapse your spine and stretch it out and it felt really good. I think that my back muscles were probably the main muscles affected by my Yoga. Which is good because my back hurts a lot from carrying around my top heavy boobs. I've been told that back exercises will help with that.

I know that my form was awful on a lot of these. I'm pretty chunky in the thighs and middle and I'm far from limber. I think this will be a good challenge for me and is something I'll see a really good improvement on over time so I can feel that I'm getting somewhere. I'm glad to be back on task with my workouts. And my diet too. I splurged on Easter. Having ham and potatoes and bread. Oh how I love bread. But for the most part I ate well. I was sick and didn't eat anything for two days and then could barely hold down soup and crackers so it wasn't like I was having cakes and pies. Today I was especially careful with my eating. Having an egg white spinach omelet for breakfast which actually turned out to be pretty good. I'll probably be going back to that one a lot since I don't like a lot of things on the menu. I brought an avocado with me for snack and then had a tuna sandwich for lunch.

I'm going to put dinner on the table and then do my workout for today. Then I'll log back on and let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment