Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day 3, 87 Days to go

My daughter is so sweet, she brought me breakfast in bed this morning. I ate every delicious fattening bite of my toaster struedel because I didn't have the heart to tell her it wasn't approved diet food. It did have blueberries which is why she made it for me, because blueberries are on my list of foods to eat. I had an avocado for a snack and am eating way less than I  usually do. I'm usually a eat till I'm full kind of girl and my portions really aren't satisfying me, especially with my upped calorie burn. I need to make sure that I'm getting healthy foods in me so that I don't crash.  So I had some nuts to hold me over till lunch and then had not only a baked chicken breast but also some cottage cheese and fruit. I can't eat the cottage cheese without the fruit. Still really hungry but sticking it out. I will not crash my kitchen and have cookies today. :)

I am pretty sore today, my legs and butt are really tender. But I'm taking that as a positive. I did some stretching first thing and took a walk before I went to work so I could keep my muscles loose. Today is Arms and Shoulders and I was looking forward to it. I know that you can't target a specific area of the body for weight loss but this is definitely a place that I want some definition. My flabby arms are the second most upsetting part of my body. I also have ab ripper. As much as I want to build that muscle, I'm hurting today pretty good. So I stood in front of my mirror starkers for a while before I put my workout clothes. I wanted to burn into my brain why I was doing this so I didn't half ass my workout. I think  it really helped. I needed the extra motivation because my kids pretty much abandoned me to play with friends today so it was pretty much me against the pain without any lighthearted joking and encouragement. I really missed that today and it made my workout a lot harder. I wish I had a bigger living room so I could have someone else do this with me, but it's pretty cramped with one mat.

So shoulders and arms was mostly working with weights. These workouts are targeted more towards men who want to get ripped so it focused a lot on shoulders. I don't necessarily want to build huge shoulders so I stuck with the 8 pound weights. I didn't make it to the 12 to 15 reps on any of the shoulder lifts so I have plenty of room to improve there. Other lifts I did make the 12 reps so I think I might need to invest in a heavier set of weights. I think I'm going to by some 10 pound weights before next weeks workout. I'm already stretched pretty thin financially with just the cost of the workouts so it's not really feasible for me to go out and buy a lot of new equipment. I really liked the exercises that focused on that triceps muscle, that's where my flab is and those were hard. I dropped down to 5 pounds on the reverse ones so that I could do some. I made it to the end of the workout and even did the bonus section.

I did better on ab ripper today. I thought the soreness of my tummy would be a deterrent but it really wasn't. I'm not as sore there as I was yesterday and it really only hurts when I sneeze, which I do all of the time because of my allergies. Still, on a lot of these I'm just straining and not doing the full move because I can't get all the way up off the mat. I don't want to cheat. But I definitely got higher today and tried with almost every count. I did much better on the reverse crunch type exercises where you lift your legs. These are easier for me in general and I was able to do a couple with proper form. Really this workout didn't put a strain on my super sore thighs so I was able to get through it.

Overall I feel that I am not halfassing the workouts and will get results. I need results to keep going though because I'm a instant gratification kind of girl. I'm not getting my cookie instant gratification and I've got to have something. I'm tempted to climb on the scale and have a look but I promised myself a week with no measurements so I'm not giving in. I'm working hard, I'm feeling the pain, so I feel good that I'm doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment