Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Legs and Back, Ab Ripper X

I did pretty good with dinner. Turkey, with Gravy of course. but instead of potato's we had pasta and veggies. I made bread and stuffing as well but did not indulge, just fed it to everyone else. There were only a few dishes and I had the kids tackle them so I could get into my workout before I got too tired. Today was Legs and Back as well as Ab Ripper X.

Legs and Back was an hour long and was a pretty good workout. I have very strong legs and i guess to exercise my back there were a lot of thigh exercises like lunges. I was able to keep up pretty good on these. I went slower, because i want the form to be right and I don't want to cheat. So I didn't do as many reps. But I didn't need to stop as often to suck down water and breath heavily and dramatically during those exercises. I'm sure I pushed myself hard enough to feel it tomorrow. There were also some pull up exercises. These are very very hard for me. I'm using a resistance band because I probably couldn't do a real pull up if my life depended on it, but I feel very good about my progress here. I did these all the way down on the ground and with proper form for most of them. I managed to get a decent amount of reps in too. I might upgrade to the next resistance band next time we do pull ups. So even though I'm not keeping up, I definitely am improving.

I am really excited about he Ab Ripper X workout. It's only twenty minutes long which I think makes it easier for me. This is now the third time that I've done the workout and there was VAST improvement. Even with having been sick. I promised myself that I wasn't going to cheat. So I'm not rocking around, coming up on my side, or using my arms to help myself up. I'm doing everything with proper form. So for the first two workouts my situps were pretty sad. Tony likes you to keep your arms out in front so that you can't use them to cheat and I mostly just strained to get up and didn't really do that many reps. This time I was able to strain hard enough to get up properly several times. This is the first time since I've started that I've seen tangible improvement in my form so I'm really excited tonight. The exercises where you lift your legs from the lower abdomen are easier for me and I was able to do quite a few more reps tonight as well. At the end, Tony does this twist around exercise where you put your hands together and your feet up and then twist around to touch your hands to the ground on each side. I'm really slow at it because I'm trying to actually do the form properly. I was actually able to touch the ground on each side a couple times which again is an improvement.

Now my biggest problem is that I'm absolutely starving. I'm going to take a quick shower to de-stink and then I think I'm going to mack on those veggies and pasta to calm my craving. There is snack pack of pudding in the fridge for after school snacks for kids and I'm dying to smash on it. Maybe I'll also eat some of these hard boiled eggs minus the yolks. I only have four dozen to eat, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment